We at the Institute, along with the rest of the world, find ourselves in strange and uncertain days. The spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) has changed daily life for many if not most of us. In order to help slow the spread of the virus, TCU has asked employees to work from home and has transitioned to virtual instruction for the remainder of the semester. Our Institute has postponed our spring TBRI Practitioner Trainings and closed our store.
Even though our offices are empty, we are still deeply committed to our work here at the Institute. Here are a few resources regarding COVID-19. We will continue to update this list as we discover and develop more resources.
General web sources for TCU students
- For general updates/TCU information: https://www.tcu.edu/coronavirus/
- For student specific information about virtual instruction and staying connected: https://studentaffairs.tcu.edu/virtual-support-services/
Resources for families
- Connected in Crisis: Families (KPICD)
- Tips for Foster/Kinship Parents during COVID-19 Pandemic (Southwest Michigan Children’s Trauma Assessment Center)
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with COVID-19 (National Childhood Traumatic Stress Network)
- Supporting Kids During the Coronavirus Crisis (Child Mind Institute)
- Supporting Teenagers and Young Adults During the Coronavirus Crisis (Child Mind Institute)
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus (Child Mind Institute)
- How to Talk to Your Kids about the Coronavirus (PBS Kids)
- Parenting is Hard – Ask for Help (Cook Children’s Hospital)
Resources for professionals
- Connected in Crisis – a message from Dr. David Cross (KPICD)
- Tips for Congregate Care Staff during COVID-19 Pandemic (Southwest Michigan Children’s Trauma Assessment Center)
- TBRI 101: A Self-Guided Course in Trust-Based Relationships | free access is available to this training through June 30, 2020.
- TBRI & Trauma-Informed Classrooms | free access is available to this training through June 30, 2020.