TBRI® Practitioner Training
TBRI® Practitioner Training is intended for practitioners who want to learn about TBRI® and use it within their professional capacity (e.g., therapists, caseworkers, foster and adoption care specialists, occupational therapists, medical professionals, counselors, CASA representatives, early childhood & development specialists). This core training experience is designed to prepare practitioners for working with children from hard places and their families. After successful completion of the TBRI® Practitioner Training, all TBRI® Practitioners may train within their organization using the TBRI® Caregiver Training Package.
Beginning in 2018, all TBRI® Practitioners will receive the TBRI® Caregiver Package upon completion of Phase I and Phase II of the TBRI® Practitioner Training. The rights and responsibilities associated with the TBRI® Caregiver Package still apply.
If you attended TBRI® Practitioner Training prior to 2017 and do not have the TBRI® Caregiver Package, you may purchase it for $200. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase the TBRI Caregiver Package.
The cost of TBRI® Practitioner Training for 2019 is $3,500 per person.
Phase 1: Five units of online coursework (in the ten weeks prior to on-site training) designed to establish a knowledge-base for the on-site training (Phase 2).
Phase 2: After successful completion of Phase 1, participants complete five days of on-site, intensive training that focuses on application and implementation of TBRI® .
After successful completion of all components of Phase 1 and Phase 2, participants are TBRI® Practitioners. This level of training allows TBRI® Practitioners to apply TBRI® principles and strategies within their organization and with their clients or to train their staff using the TBRI® Caregiver Package. TBRI® Practitioners must adhere to the rights and responsibilities that come with the title. You can find an overview of the TBRI® Practitioner Rights and Responsibilities or the entire agreement through the links below:
Continuing Education Credits
- The Karyn Purvis Institute of Child Development offers CE awards for the following licensure boards:
- The National Association of Social Workers for Clinical Social Work
- Texas Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists Provider #361
- Texas Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors Provider #963
- Texas State Board of Social Workers Examiners Provider #4701
- Texas Education Agency Professional Education Provider #501865
Additional TBRI® Training Opportunities
- TBRI®& Trauma-Informed Classroom Training (typically offered in August)
- TBRI® Overview (1 day; typically offered in Spring and Fall)
Please check our upcoming events page for the most up-to-date information regarding training dates.